Post Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:27 am

1935 Lincoln Model K Convertible Roadster

1935 Lincoln Model K Convertible Roadster
Coachwork by LeBaron
CHASSIS NO. K3722
ENGINE NO. K3786
$175,000 - $225,000
Attractive LeBaron Body
Comfortable, Easy-to-Drive Tourer
Recently Mechanically and Cosmetically Freshened
Sorted and Ready to Use

414 CID Flathead V-12 Engine
Single 2-Barrel Carburetor
150 BHP
3-Speed Manual Transmission
4-Wheel Drum Brakes
Semi-Elliptical Springs
Front and Rear Suspension
This Car
Purchased by the consignor in December 1993 in New York City, this Lincoln K LeBaron Convertible Roadster counts among its previous owners noted collector and pioneering dealer Thomas W. Barrett III. In April 1987, Mr. Barrett purchased the car in Scottsdale, Arizona, later selling it to Peter Knoll of New York City who consigned it to the aforementioned 1993 sale.

Although the pre-WWII history of this gorgeous Roadster has not been recorded, by the 1950s, it had been donated to Watsonville High School in Santa Cruz County, California, and then purchased in the early 1970s by Dale Johnson of Turlock, California. It is possible the car had been donated to the school because, as Mr. Johnson discovered, the original engine was damaged beyond repair. He installed a cor- rect 1935 engine and the car then passed to Gary McLean of Fresno, California, who began restoration of the worthy Lincoln. As an uncom- pleted project, the Roadster was sold to Thorn- ton Snider, also from Turlock, who completed the work and eventually sold the car to Mr. Barrett.

Today, this car presents very well. The sophisticated silver-blue exterior and blue-gray leather interior of this Lincoln are period-correct, as found on the factory color and trim charts. It is the color scheme that the car has worn since at least the 1950s and possibly matches its factory colors.

The consignor purchased the car in 1993 and during his ownership this LeBaron Roadster has been kept at his vacation home, seeing min- imal use. Recently, the Lincoln has benefitted from mechanical and cosmetic attention, carried out in preparation for driving or participation in local shows. Included in the work performed was an engine overhaul during which the heads were machined and polished and, for optimal performance on today’s unleaded fuel, all new valves with hardened seats were installed. The appearance of the Roadster was enhanced with a complete re-spray and a re-chroming of the brightwork including the wheels and bumpers, and completed with a new, correctly made can- vas top. Inside, the leather seats remain in very good condition and are nicely complemented by the new, recently installed carpeting. The car is also fitted with a radio, an optional feature first offered by Lincoln in 1935.

The silky ride of the 1935 Lincoln is well- known and, with the smooth shifting of the three-speed transmission and generous torque of the V-12 engine, cruising down the road in this LeBaron-bodied motorcar is sure to be as great a pleasure as simply admiring it parked upon arrival.

Image
John "Old School" Dancy, Primos, Pennsylvania, US
"They're only factory original once."
"All of this is assuming that everything else in the system is stock and well maintained."
"Expearence is the abillity to reconise a misteak befor you mak it agan."
"PROGRESS ... NOT PERFECTION!"
1984(2)|1985|1986|1988|1990(2) Lincoln Mark VIIs

- © Classic Lincolns All rights reserved.